I (heart) FetLife: BDSM & Fetish Community for Kinksters, by kinksters

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Underwear choices and more

Hey everyone, I hope all is well. Things are pretty good here, wore the belt to work the last two days, in fact it hasn't been removed now for over 72 hours and still going strong. I was asked a question by one of the readers of this blog (note: I love the questions and I'm always more than happy to answer them, so please comment with a question if you have one.) Anyway, the question was where do the testicles sit, and do I wear underwear.

As for where the testicles go, they sit on either side of the tube, but generally stay behind the front shield. It's not uncomfortable at all really, though sometimes only one goes on the side, and the other one kinda hides, but again, you really won't feel it. I will say that although the balls lie behind the front shield a bit, the belt should in no way be considered to offer protection like an athletic cup, it's not meant for that. What the front shield does help with is keeping the testicles close to the body so that they don't get crushed by my thighs or anything, plus it helps keep the whole package more secure. Actually, keeping everything closer to the body is the main reason that I chose the total model over the ergo-slim, or whatever they call the one that's basically just a tube, with no additional frontal protection. As to whether the belt permits access to the testicles, the answer is yes. The model I bought was not designed to restrict access to the testicles, so it is possible to touch and play with them. My guess would be if you need a belt that would prohibit access to the balls as well, then you would need to go with the untouchable model, or perhaps the transformation model.

Also, I want to take a moment to talk about underwear choices and why. I'm sure some people out there would say why wear underwear when you are wearing steel. Well, I have found that wearing underwear is absolutely necessary for several reasons. One of the main reasons is that moisture can cause chafing. A good pair of cotton briefs will help absorb moisture. Also, a pair of snug fitting briefs will get in between the front shield and your skin, which makes chafing less of an issue and makes walking around quite a bit more comfortable. I would say that if you are planning on wearing boxer shorts, you won't get much benefit. My feeling is that the best underwear is regular cotton briefs. These would seem to offer the best absorbency and coverage.

Another main reason to wear underwear is that even with great wiping after urination, a few drops will remain in the tube, plain and simple. For me, it's actually been a bit of an issue, especially after using the cleaning syringe. I've had a few instances where after I pull my pants and underwear back up, and sit down, the back of my pants get a small wet spot. This is not something that I want to have to deal with, so I have started to wear a pad in my underwear. I've been using the depend guards for men, as they seem to offer a good level of coverage area. This probably isn't really necessary, but it's something that I'm doing, especially during work to make sure that I don't have any embarrasing leaks.

One other thing that I've been doing is wearing underwear where the waistband of the briefs is the same color as the lining of my belt. I chose the black lining for my belt, and as luck would have it, most of my briefs have a black waistband (I wear briefs, but not like traditional tighty-whitey stuff, I prefer something a bit more fashionable than that, though admittedly some of my briefs are white.) Anyway, I was checking it out in the mirror and having underwear that has the same color waistband as my belt makes wearing the belt more discreet. If the waistband of the briefs ride down just a bit, all that will show is a little more black, not something else. Not a big deal, but it makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment