I (heart) FetLife: BDSM & Fetish Community for Kinksters, by kinksters

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Belt Choice - Part 2

In the last post I touched on a lot of the reasoning behind my choice of belt. There are a few things that I missed, mainly why I chose my choice of rear style and penis tube, so that's what I'm going to talk about in this post.

I know there are a lot of different opinions on which rear style is best, and I think different ones work better for different people. I am not saying that my choice is best for everyone, but mine works for me and I'll go into why I chose the one I did. For the most part, there are three different rear styles out there. There are the traditional chains, that go around the buttocks, the thong style (simple rear cable) and the continuous crotch band with an opening around the anus. I chose the latter option, the continuous crotch band with the anal opening.

Ok, my decision was really between the thong cable and the continuous band. I didn't really want the chains, mainly because I thought that they would be somewhat more visible under clothes and not so comfortable. Plus, they seem to me to be more of an antiquated option, and it seems more people are opting for the thong or crotch band, and I've heard of good reviews of each. My main reason for going with the continuous crotch band was due mostly to the fact that I don't find regular thongs to be very comfortable. I only own one pair of thong underwear, and I don't like the feeling of it, so I went with the continuous crotch band.

I know one of the issues for consideration for some people may be whether the rear option would prevent anal penetration. This wasn't a main concern for me, I don't really care wether or not I have access to putting anything in there. From what I can tell, with the chains option, anal sex should be possible, whereas with the thong style, it would be quite difficult if not impossible for one to receive anal sex. With the continuous crotch band, I think it would technically be possible to receive anal sex, but it would likely not be all that good for the top, and would most likely prohibit full penetration.

So, I would say that the model I got, while it wouldn't completely prevent anal sex, it would make it rather difficult. Maybe I'll try using one of my "toys" later and see how it works, but I'm not in the mood to do that right now. I will say, if access to your anus is important, the chains style would probably be the best for you, if say your keyholder wants to have easy access, though I can't really comment as I haven't tried. My assumption is that the thong style would prevent access, and the continuous band would make it difficult.

As for comfort, the continuous band is quite comfortable, it fits nicely, and it probably makes the belt a bit more rigid than the other options, though it doesn't prevent me at all from bending, lifting, sitting, whatever. So far, sitting on my couch, in my car or at the office is fine. Hard surfaces are a little less than comfortable, but not a big deal. I can imagine that sitting on hard bleachers at say a sporting event might be a bit of a pain, but I never really do that, so no big deal to me.

The other main decision was which penis tube to get. With this one, my decision was a bit more hasty, though the penis tube on these style belts are not built in and are easily interchangeable, so if I wasn't happy with the one I got, I could get another one without having to send the belt back to Germany for a retrofit. My-Steel offers two options, open end and closed end (with drain holes of course) and two sizes. I ordered the larger size with the open end. The reason I ordered the larger size was that I didn't want it to be too tight, and therefore uncomfortable, though I think I'd be fine with the smaller one.

Now on to the question of open or closed tube. My reasoning behind getting the open one was 100% due to hygiene. I intend to wear this belt long term, eventually with limited openings, and I want to make sure that it is easy enough to clean. I will say that with the open tube, it is possible to touch the very tip of my penis, though that's about it, and I doubt I could get enough stimulation to orgasm. Also, the open one does allow the urine to completely drain out, which is good, and when I shower, I can get a good amount of water up in there to flush it out a bit, using a removable showerhead of course, which is a necessity for anyone wearing one of these belts. Right now, I am happy with the open tube, essentially it was a tradeoff of security for hygiene. Since it's not possible to masturbate at all in this thing, I think I'm OK with the open one for now, though I may change it at some point in time.

And of course, color of the belt. I think My-steel is the only one who offers a choice of colors for the lining of the belt. I'm boring, I went with the traditional black, though I've seen a few in blue and that looks good. One of the main reasons that I went with black is that almost all of my normal underwear is either black, or has a black waistband, and I figured this would blend in better. Not a big deal really. I obviously wasn't going for pink, not my thing, and I didn't care much for the yellow. I figured the black would be fine and it is.

I didn't order any D rings, though maybe I should have. I don't have anyone to lock cuffs to them at this point, so I didn't get them. I also didn't opt for the travel system, since I don't do a lot of air travel or anything like that

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for answering my questions, I do appreciate it.

    The concern I have on this style is the at the balls seem to be just left out for getting knocked about. But I guess that hasn't been an issue for you? Do you wear underwear with them? Or is that kinda pointless or uncomfortable?

    ReplyDelete