I (heart) FetLife: BDSM & Fetish Community for Kinksters, by kinksters

Monday, April 20, 2009

Issue with the lining

Well, in my last post I mentioned how I was having some issues with the rubber lining coming off. I did try the Krazy Glue, and it worked temporarily, but it cracked off. I'm guessing that it didn't work because krazy glue gets solid, which works great for ceramics, glass, and of course the cb3000, but due to the flexing that the crotch band I was figuring that I would get a glue that allows a bit more flexibility.

So, I went to the hardware store. I did ask the clerk, who seemed knowledgeable what kind of glue would be best for bonding rubber and steel. Of course I didn't say what I needed it for. Anyway, long story short, I think this could work, I glued it, and now I'm letting it stand to dry for the glue to cure. Needless to say, this is something that required removal of the belt, but at least I have my old cb-3000 to wear in the meantime.

3 comments:

  1. I haven't found a mention of a keyholder in your posts. Tell us about your keyholder, or what you're doing to remove the temptation of just unlocking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try using 3M weatherstrip adhesive, available at better auto parts suppliers. We have 3 belts, Jones, Goethals, and ChastitySteel. All 3 require maintenance for long term wear every now and then. Good Luck!
    Sincerely,
    FlyBoyCFI
    Down and Locked...Check

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously I am late with an answer here but figured I would pass along some useful info here. After many years in full belts, the longest term being 2 years, 2 months and 22 days, and having worked on belts, the very best thing to restick liners is auto glass adhesive. Most auto parts stores have it in a tube. It is flexible, black adhesive. It sets in a few hours, and is somewhat flexible. It is also impervious to water, and resistant to temperature variation. Hope this helps everyone. I just ordered a brand new neosteel, and will try to start a blog like this one, and give ya a link back when i do.

    Idahochastity

    ReplyDelete